Bishu's babbles

Thursday, August 5, 2010

On a rainy Wenesday....

Yesterday I had one of the most exciting events of my whole life. It was one that is sure to stick with me for a very long time.

It was a rainy Wednesday, I was in an after-school program having fun inside. My mum was inside as well with this really big grin. I had no idea of why she was grinning so wildly. But I had to be patient to find out.

After my turn at a game we were playing inside I ran up to my mum and we went outside to pick up my bag and head home. She was still smiling very warmly.

"Congratulations," she said shaking my hand.

"Why? Scholarship for high school?" I asked.

"Yes," she replied.

I immediately gave her a big hug, my happiness breaking all the boundaries. I was over the moon. Out of the 3 possible scholarships I could have got I got an Academic Scholarship.

As soon as I got home dad also greeted me with a smile. He was now going out to buy us all some pizza. I really liked the sound of that!!!

I will certainly remember that single day for the rest of my life. I would say it is my biggest achievement until today.

3 comments:

  1. wow
    congratulations for your scholarship as well as your article dear
    really well written!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations bishrut. your writing skill is really appreciable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! :P
    -ak

    ReplyDelete